- ice cream
- nounfrozen dessert containing cream and sugar and flavoring (Freq. 1)• Syn: ↑icecream• Hypernyms: ↑frozen dessert• Hyponyms: ↑chocolate ice cream, ↑Neapolitan ice cream, ↑peach ice cream, ↑strawberry ice cream, ↑tutti-frutti, ↑vanilla ice cream
* * *ice cream,a frozen dessert made of cream or custard, sweetened and flavored.ice-cream «YS KREEM», adjective.1. containing ice cream: »
ice-cream cake.2. of a light, creamy color; yellowish white: »
* * *n. a soft frozen food made with sweetened and flavored milk fat■ a serving of this, typically in a bowl or a wafer cone or on a stickOrigin:mid 18th cent.: alteration of iced cream
* * */ˌaısˈkriːm/ noun, pl ⋯ creams: a frozen food containing sweetened and flavored cream[noncount]
What flavor of ice cream do you like?
chocolate/vanilla ice cream[count]
Would you like another ice cream? [=another serving of ice cream]— often used before another noun
an ice-cream parlor/stand/soda
* * *a type of sweet frozen food made from milk fat, flavoured with fruit, chocolate, etc. and often eaten as a ↑dessert; a small amount of this food intended for one person, often served in a container made of biscuit that is shaped like a ↑cone
Desserts are served with cream or ice cream.
Who wants an ice cream?Word Origin:mid 18th cent.: alteration of iced cream.Example Bank:
apple pie with ice cream
Useful english dictionary. 2012.